Monday 6 October 2008

Challenge 32: Teddies


Hi Everyone, Thanks for taking part last week, it's time for another challenge!!
we've picked something really cute
'Teddies' so get all your teddy bear stamps out and get creating. The design team have made some really beautiful cards this week, they really are fab!




This week's Prize, supplied by Crafters Companion - are these 4 embossing powders, Colours: Holo Twinkle, White Twinkle, Gold Twinkle and Silver Twinkle. everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by (10pm Monday the 13th of October GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and 4 lucky peoples names will be picked at random winning one embossing powder each!
Good luck,

Kate, Fifi, Jo, Wendy, lesley and Becky


~~~~~~~~~





Card
I coloured my teddies with Pro Markers and matted them onto Basic Grey paper, I added an Elzybells sentiment, some craft wire, flowers and brads.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I started by using dabbers on a piece of mountboard then I went round the edges with silver krylon though it doesn't show up very well. Then I stamped Linda Luckin's gorgeous teddy - my favourite stamp of all time. I then stamped the words with a versafine ink pad and rubbed around the edges with black. The edge of the dotty paper was punched with my stampin' up punch. I finished it off with bits and pieces I found lying around on my craft table!
~~~~~~~~~






Card
I made a DL card base and covered it with green paper. I stamped a swirl in green ink to the top left corner and glued 'on MUM' chipboard letters. On separate card I stamped and coloured a Forever Friends teddy, cut him out and attached him to the base with silicone glue.
~~~~~~~~~






Canvas
I covered the canvas in Vintage Photo Distress ink and some Copper dabber. I stamped my House Mouse image on a piece of card and watercoloured it in, then added it to the canvas with a phrase stamped image too. Finally I added some Primas and Stickled the centres and areas of the canvas too.
~~~~~~~~~






Card
For my card I have use one of the first stamps I bought many moons ago - an Anita's Teddy stamp. I have coloured him with water colours andadded a gold satin ribbon bow. He is mounted 3D over a layered background of Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing. The bottom of the card
has a greeting stamped in the center and I have added some embossed lines to finish it off. Embellished with gold brads.
~~~~~~~~~

20 comments:

Wendy said...

I love teddies

Here's mine.

david santos said...

Great!
Very nice card. Congratulations!!!

Denise said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh teddies......here is mine:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-challenge-32-teddies.html

Anne said...

I just adore teddies so this was a great challenge. You'll find my card here x

Anonymous said...

Here is my card. :)

RubyMay said...

Here is my teddy card
http://rubymay-days.blogspot.com/
I hope it is OK x

Nicki said...

I've put my Teddies challenge entry on my blog, LittleTed Cards

DMG said...

Here's my teddy

a portland granny said...

I have triplets to remember for their birthday, so found the teddy bear challenge just right. My card is on my blog.

nessy said...

just love teddies ~my card can be seen on my blog
http://nessysnotes.blogspot.com/2008/10/magnolia-teddy.html
thanks for looking
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely theme and works, ladies!
Here is my card:

For a friend

Hugs
Tina

Jenny said...

Was für ein schönes Thema.
meine Karte

Poppy said...

lovely challenge love teddies

Here is my card

Jac’s Playground said...

Phew made it, now I'm off to work! its here TFL x

Annie said...

Love teddies so was really pleased to see this challenge. It's took me all week to get round to it though! Better late than never as they say. My card is at...
http://craftworkblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/teddy-birthday-card.html
Thanks for setting the challenge and hope there will be many more good ones.

Ann xxx

Geke said...

What a lovely teddie-cards! Here you can find mine: http://gekecreatief.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-challenge-32-teddies.html

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Hehe just in time :) Got my bears friday so I didn't had time earlier to play :)Beautifull work DT!!
Here is my card

hugs Ria

Happily Ever After said...

Great challenge!
here's my card

Bubbles said...

Made it at last!! Great challenge,examples and prize, just added my atc on my blog
http://bubbles72blog.blogspot.com/

Joanne x

Julie.G said...

Here is my teddy bear. I just love teddy bears....
http://creationsbyjulie.blogspot.com/2008/10/teddy-bear-challenge.html